Re: Please: need help making a live FC3 CD

--- Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'd appreciate some help on the subject. Here's
> exactly what I need:
>
> I want to make a live CD that will give me exactly
> the same OpenOffice.org
> configuration I have now. Also, the USB attachments
> and the USB remote
> I have, that work fine with FC3 now, should work
> from this CD.
>
> The idea is to have a Live CD that I can use to make
> a presentation using
> OO.o Impress. I can prepare the presentation on my
> FC3 machine, and
> make sure it will work fine anywhere I go.
>
> (P.S. I have tried Knoppix, but the presentation
> gets all weird, with strange
> fonts. I don't know why.)
>
> --

> Gustavo Seabra
>     Graduate Student
> Chemistry Dept.
> Kansas State University
> Registered Linux user number 381680
> Say NO! to software patents:
> http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com

Have you tried the linux-live scripts?
http://www.linux-live.org/
You need to compile your own kernel or use the one
provided.  You need to compile squashfs and unionfs to
the kernel.  It is a hard job, I am close to producing
one but I missed it by 200MB.  The iso that I made has
891 MB, and I was unsucessful reducing it.  I did not
have a dvd burner on this computer, else I'd be done
with a Live-DVD.  I will try on later and keep trying.
 I wanted my very own customized live cd based on
Fedora.  I know that there are several cd's out there
that already great but I wanted one that has the same
apps that I use and are on a cd that I can take
anywhere.

You can also check out several sites where live-cd's
based on Fedora from Distrowatch.com.

Berry Linux
Adios LiveCD
Both have OpenOffice.org in them and they are fedora
based.  Try one of them out, maybe they will work out
for you.  Chose the one that gives you less trouble.
Both are nice, although I liked Adios better cause it
has a stronger Fedora flavor to it.

If they are unsucessful or not to your liking maybe
Kanotix does the job for you.

Regards,

Antonio

Yahoo! Mail Mobile