Re: Keyboard character setting in FC3

mnikhil m wrote:
Did you try with setxkbmap ?

I'm not sure if that can change layout settings, but I have not used that command yet:
[markus@FC3 ~]$ man setxkbmap

--
Thx, TOFU victims below
Markus Huber

On 5/21/05, Markus Huber <humarfedoralists@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I would like to change the setting of a keyboard character and googeling
did not really help me.

What I've got:

FC3 actual patchlevel
Language German
Gnome
Keyboard: standard hungarian (105 keys)

This runs perfectly, but I want to change one "little" thing.

At the moment I have:
AltGr+a = æ
AltGr+A = Æ
AltGr+e = nothing
AltGr+E = nothing

I would like to change the behaviour to e.g.:
AltGr+e = ä
AltGr+E = Ä

At the moment I use the Character Tool (or how ever it is called in
English) in the panel and copy/paste these characters into texts, but I
would prefer the convenient way through the keyboard.

Here some system informations:

$ uname -r
2.6.11-1.14_FC3

$ cat /etc/sysconfig/i18n