Re: O.T Flash a Gigabyte BIOS (Solved)

Endymion wrote:
david walcroft wrote:

I've got a 7vt600 -L M/B and I'm trying to upgrade the bios from F5 >
F15 but always get "File size incorrect" when loading.
I tried d'loading to file and to floppy even different bios ( F12 - F14)
ftp,http but no luck.
I used gftp,firefox in Fedora 3. could someone help I'm at a bit of a loss.

  david

I have a gigabyte ga-k8ns motherboard and I recently flashed my bios. The bios files for my motherboard where being distributed in self extracting rar files, which were .exe's. You might need to use windows (or wine, etc) to run the selt-extractor so you can get the actual bios file.

-Endy

Well it took installing and setting up Wine,install bios_7vt600_f15.exe, run it, which produced 7vt600.f15 and flash879.exe.Put them on a floppy booted into the BIOS install and the file 7vt600.f15 was loaded into the BIOS.
These were LHA files.

Thanks Endy     david