Re: Run php in apache

Many regards
Apache is working :)
A friend modified /etc/sysconfig/httpd , but now i put the file originally.
Now Apache start and stop normally
But I still have a problem...... I can't configure Apache to run PHP. I'm affraid for change change importante things in the httpd.conf. What changes I must make in ****.conf file?
Regards
Daniel

bruce wrote:

daniel...

tell us what you're trying to do.

you're trying to use apache? did you do n install from the rpms, or from the source code, where you compiled/built apache? or was apache already on the machine, and you don't know how it got there..??

have you (or someone else) modified/played with the httpd.conf file? (/urs/local/apache2/conf) or somewhere around there...

when you run the apache server.. does it actually start to run.. do you see it when you do a 'ps -aux' it should be the apache/httpd processes...

if it's not running, can you see/access the apache log files.. '/usr/local/apache2/logs/'? is there an error_log file there...

also, is selinux, or any firewall/iptables process running?

let us know the results..

-bruce

-----Original Message----- From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Daniel Silva Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 10:45 AM To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx; leinad.silva@xxxxxxxxxx Subject: Run php in apache

Hello everbody
I have Fedora Core 3, and I try run php pages on apache.
I install apache 2 and php. at this moment everthing it's ok. But when i try to see php pages, the apache can't show the php page. I googled for this problem and make a lot of changes :(
Now when I try to start apache, by type : /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start i have this message : " (13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
Unable to open logs "
What i must do to apache work well with php.
Regards