Re: OT: What's the deal with Ubuntu?

Hi

you're over my head there.  I'll submit that only the lowest common
denominator need be included, and it should fit on one cd.

Thats the easy part. Figuring out what is the LCD takes more time. We are getting there. one step at a time

as those specific questions are over my head I wouldn't really have
much to contribute, I have to admit.

I just put that out to demonstrate that its a hard process. If you cant contribute in this way there are other avenues like maintaining packages in Fedora extras, documentation, bug triaging and so on (hint, hint :-) )

regards
Rahul