OT: good, up-to-date xmame frontend?

I've been looking for a good xmame frontend to run on Fedora and Ubuntu.
I've looked some of the normal places, http://x.mame.net/,
http://www.linuxlinks.com/Software/Emulators/Videogames/, to name a
couple, but I've yet to find one that works very well. A couple of them
that look decent don't appear to have been updated in a while, sometimes
years.

I've also looked at AdvanceMame/AdvanceMenu, but haven't had good luck.
Plus when I've tried getting help in the past it's either tough to get a
response, and/or when you do, it seems like you're bothering the people
on the forum. Guess I'm used to this list where there's always lots of
people willing to help with Fedora issues.

I'm trying to find one similar to GameEX or even just Mame32/Mame32fx on
Windows, but so far I have not had much luck. I really don't want to run
Windows.

I'm sick of searching and before I hang my head in defeat and reload
windoze I thought I'd ask. Is anyone using anything they are happy with?
I'd really like it to boot up and run the frontend and have a way of
displaying just my favorite games.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

James