Re: migrate from redhat9 to fc3

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Do, den 19.05.2005 schrieb Nina Pham um 20:13:

Hi, I have a redhat 9 server, I like to migrate to fc3. Is that possible to do that? I search on the net for the instruction but found nothing. anybody knows what step I need to take to migrate things from redhat 9 to fc?

http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/Upgrading_Red_Hat_Linux_with_yum.html

Alexander

Am do,

The above link is a means of using yum to perform a "live upgrade" which not really a supported method of upgrading from Red Hat Linux 9. I would suggest doing a backup of your data, Install Fedora Core 3 and restore it again. If not, do a backup and try upgrading it through the CD/DVD upgrade method. The following documentation on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 more or less applies to Fedora Core 3 too

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/x8664-multi-install-guide/

On the other hand, Fedora Core 4 is being scheduled for release on June 6th. You might want to wait a bit and upgrade to that instead. Fedora has a relatively short release cycle. You might extend it using Fedora Legacy project (http://fedoralegacy.org) upto a period of 1.5 years or so but still something worth considering

http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/

regards
Rahul