Re: list textfile

well it is late here but I will try

in the terminal cd to the folder you want,

ls -l
it will produce a list of files
ls --help
will give you clues to what you need or just type
ls -lt and it will do what you want
you should be able to copy that output and paste it into a text file.

but if you try the --help option the to send the output to a text file is in there as well.

check it out.

E./

roland brouwers wrote:

Hello everybody,

Could someone tell me how I can List all filenames in a directory, sorted by time And then
Copying each file in this order to one file line by line, each line
preceded by the first character of the filename

Thanks
Roland Brouwers
Email roland@xxxxxx