Re: booting new core

On a recent update I got the latest build on F3, it installed OK but
> when I reboot it still loads the older version. The Redhat update keeps
> telling me that I should reboot and load the new release.
>
> HOW ?

May I presume you mean new kernel?  A new core might mean an update to a
new Fedora Core X ( for X=1,2,3,3.92 :-) release.

Check /boot/grub/grub.conf and see if "default=0" is present to boot the
first kernel stanza.  See the release notes for information on setting
default behavior in /etc/sysconfig/kernel.

Phil

P.S.  Please don't hijack a thread by replying to it and changing the
Subject: (as you did for "Re: FC 2/3 Backup")  - this plays heck with
threaded mail readers, irritates many people, and hides your message
down inside the unrelated thread.  Start a new message instead of doing
a Reply.