Re: FC 2/3 Backup

Tim Holmes wrote:
[Tim Holmes wrote]

Ok -- here is the output

[root@SRVFS-01 bin]# file beremote
beremote: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1

(SYSV),

for

GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped
[root@SRVFS-01 bin]#

login as: root
root@xxxxxxxxxxxx's password:
Last login: Wed May 18 17:11:41 2005 from

mod3teacher.mcaschool.net

[root@SRVFS-01 root]# strace /etc/init.d VRTSralus.init start
strace: exec: Permission denied
execve("/etc/init.d", ["/etc/init.d", "VRTSralus.init", "start"],

[/* 24

vars */
]) = 0
[root@SRVFS-01 root]#

thanks again for all your help

TIM

I believe the beremote is the actual Backup Exec Remote agent. I believe that strace command should be 'strace /etc/init.d/VRTSralus.init start' strace bombs out when running it on a directory ;)

Also check your services file (/etc/services) for: grfs 6101/tcp #Backup exec agent

--
ya viene el sol  |
                \|/

[Tim Holmes wrote]

Jeremy:

Yes, beremote is the actual remote agent, and yes, strace has bombed

out

when I used it with the syntax shown above.

As far as the service entry, it is not there,

I am going to try to add it to the bottom of the file and see what
happens.  If this is not right, please let me know where to add it.

Thanks for all the help, I suspect that we are gaining on this thing
finally

TIM

[Tim Holmes wrote] Ok -- I added the line and tried restarting the service
(/etc/init.d/VRTSralus.init start)

And it failed in the same way

TIM

In your strace command you left out a slash before VRTSralus.init

Here's what veritas has to say about this:

ya viene el sol  |
                \|/
             ~~~~O~~~~
                /|\