Re: FC 2/3 Backup

Tim Holmes wrote:

Good Morning Everyone:

I have just found out that it is not possible to back up our fedora
servers using our current backup solution (veritas 10 for windows) -
the remote agent will not work on Fedora.  So I am at the point of
needing some help, I need some form of a backup solution that will

allow

us to back up the fedora boxes either using the veritas server (like

remote agent that works), or some form of a backup solution that I

can

just use

For Veritas, why not ask you vendor? Even if the answer's "NO," they will see a need.

For free, see DAR.

[Tim Holmes wrote]

I hate to sound totally ignorant, but what is DAR -- I fear I have never
heard of it

You'll find out at freshmeat and sf.net.

You can use it to back up to a stack of CDs or DVDs.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait