Re: FC 2/3 Backup

Tim Holmes wrote:
Good Morning Everyone:

I have just found out that it is not possible to back up our fedora
servers using our current backup solution (veritas 10 for windows) -
the remote agent will not work on Fedora.  So I am at the point of
needing some help, I need some form of a backup solution that will allow
us to back up the fedora boxes either using the veritas server (like a
remote agent that works), or some form of a backup solution that I can
just use

Any suggestions?

Do you pay a maintenance contract for Veritas? If so, it's payback time, time for them to earn their money.

This is very interesting for me as we are about to replace our entire backup infrastructure for Windows and Linux. One solution proposed is Veritas NetBackup. If it doesn't work, and Veritas can't make it work, I'd like to know before we make a final decision.

E-mail :    nmw@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555