Re: Which Wireless KBoard,Mouse set is fedora compatible?

Joel Jaeggli wrote:
> basically all wirelss usb keyboard and mouse combo's I've played with
> work, you get two usb devices...

And all the PS/2 devices I've seen work, you get two PS/2 devices...

> I really like my logitech mx desktop however... the mouse is just awesome
> and the keyboard is pretty good as well... The logitech lx300 wireless
> desktop is quite a bit more downmarket (cost wise) but still pretty nice,
> though the mouse isn't up to gaming or some other high-precision tasks...

This is a *very* long URL:
http://logitech-en-emea.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/logitech_en_emea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1492&p_created=1083959151&p_sid=*s6LiuEh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0zNiZwX3Byb2RfbHZsMT0xJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li

but at the far end of it is Logitech's official statement:

> Will my Logitech device work in another operating system besides
> Windows?
<snip>
> Keyboards / Desktops
>
> Yes, all Logitech keyboards will provide basic keyboard functionality
> under all operating systems ...
<snip>
> Usually, the OS should detect the keyboard as a standard 104 keyboard
> and load a standard keyboard driver. Using those native drivers, any
> additional features of the keyboards, including a Logitech key,
> multimedia and/or internet buttons, may not function.

Having said that, if you play around with Gnome settings, you may well
be able to get them to work...

> Pointing Devices (Mice and Trackballs)
>
> Yes, the mouse or trackball should work in your operating system ...

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james |  ... more holes in Internet Explorer than
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | Blackburn, Lancashire...