Re: Mount option hazardous to USB Flash!

Michael H. Warfield wrote:
On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 19:09 +0100, Chris Jones wrote:

	Put that in:

/etc/hal/fdi/policy/95-user-storage-policy.fdi

Are you sure thats correct ? I am running FC3 and don't have a /etc/hal/fdi/policy directory. Should I create one ? Will HAL even look there if I did ?

I do have a directory

/usr/share/hal/fdi/95userpolicy

	Must be a difference between FC3 and FC4.  Technically, you shouldn't
be storing configuration options under /usr, so, maybe, they're moving
it to be more standards compliant.  I did notice that the documentation
on FC4 is wrong compared to what I found on the system but seems to
agree with what you found.  Sounds like a transition situation.

	Yeah, I just looked on one of my FC3 servers and there's no fdi
subdirectory for /etc/hal at all.  Sounds like we just ran smack into a
change in the works for FC4.  Figures...

I wonder if the "sync" option for VFAT is even effective in FC3. I've been reading and writing SmartMedia cards under FC3 and have yet to see any damage.

BTW, has this problem been entered in Bugzilla yet?  I can't find it
there, and it certainly should be entered and flagged with the highest
severity.

--
Bob Nichols         rnichols42@xxxxxxxxxxx