Re: Can I do this with YUM?

Reg Clemens wrote:
With apt-get I could put 3lines in the /etc/apt/preferences file,
and keep a given package (or group of packages) from being updated.

I dont see that capability with YUM.
Is it there and Im just missing it???

[ The problem is with an update of qt that is causing problems, I need
  to revert to a previous version till the current one (or the program
  using it) is fixed ]

Use: exclude=qt*

Put it in /etc/yum.conf to affect all repos, or in the section/file for a paricular repo if you just want to inhibit updates from that repo. The "exclude" option is documented in "man yum.conf".

P.S. It's "yum", not "YUM".

Paul.