Fedora won't start-up

Hi,

I am new to Linux and have a problem. I installed Fedora Core 3, 64bits version on my AMD64 computer. I did that on a 120GB IDE disc which is recognized as HDC. I also have 2 SATA discs which are used for Windows.

After the installation which went well except that my USB mouse was not recognized, I rebooted. Using F11 I can change the bootorder. I chose the IDE disc and Fedora was booted. Until I got a message: NUMPST should be 1.

I noticed the num-lock light is on until this error appears. Then it distinguishes. I can switch it on again.

Later I get the following message which concerns me more:

CPU 0 Machine Check Executing

4 bank 4 b200000000070f0f

TSC 3bb0336746

Kernel panic –not syncing: machine check

On this point the system hangs.

I rebooted and deleted the word quiet in the Grub bootloader.

Now I get the following message:

Ide: failed opcode was: unknown

Kernel panic –not syncing: machine check

On this point the system hangs.

I use an Asrock K8-Update 1689 Motherboard with AMD 64 bits processor,

IC35L120AVV207-1 120GB Harddisc

2 GB memory

I installed Fedora with the default settings and choices, I did not change anything during install.

Who knows what is wrong and what can I do to correct this?

Thanks,

Jan Mussche