Re: need gui for ftp

Duncan Lithgow wrote:
After searching a bit it turned out my intuition was right and there is a program called gftp - but it's not turning up in yum. I could swear I had it once upon a time.

So, what gui for ftp is most commonly used? I've searched the archive etc etc... and can't find anything. I _don't_ need an ftp server, just a frontend for ftp.

gftp is part of Fedora Core:

$ rpm -qi gftp
Name : gftp Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version : 2.0.18 Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release : 0.FC3 Build Date: Sat 19 Feb 2005 04:40:53 GMT
Install Date: Fri 08 Apr 2005 04:24:22 BST Build Host: tweety.build.redhat.com
Group : Applications/Internet Source RPM: gftp-2.0.18-0.FC3.src.rpm
Size : 2693735 License: GPL
Signature : DSA/SHA1, Thu 07 Apr 2005 17:47:22 BST, Key ID b44269d04f2a6fd2
Packager : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
Description :
gFTP is a multi-threaded FTP client for the X Window System. gFTP
supports simultaneous downloads, resumption of interrupted file
transfers, file transfer queues to allow downloading of multiple
files, support for downloading entire directories/subdirectories, a
bookmarks menu to allow quick connection to FTP sites, caching of
remote directory listings, local and remote chmod, drag and drop, a
connection manager, and much more.

So what happens when you try "yum install gftp"?

Paul.