Cloning a disk.

I need to clone a failing disk, before it finally gives up the ghost.

Fedora's on the second HD, and it's safe. The failing drive is the boot drive with "another OS".

The replacement drive is slightly smaller in size. I resized the OS partition so that it fits. I expect to be able to clone hda1 without any problems.

Question: how many blocks do I need to copy over from hda, to make sure that I grab everything grub puts there?