Re: [OT] Twiki vs. MediaWiki

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 08:59, Jamie Bohr wrote:
> I am look for opinions on twiki vs. mediawiki for publishing process
> documents inside the company I work for.  Currently I have a twiki
> site set up for all the teams I am working with.  We have reached a
> point where we want to start publishing process related documents and
> are concerned with usability.

Usability in what way?  Wiki's seem pretty much the same to me.

>  Twiki feels great for what we are currently using it for - meeting
> minutes, action items, ... - but I am not sure how easily it will
> handle hundreds of process documents.

Twiki just uses the filesystem.  Hundreds of files in a
filesystem isn't something to worry about, and it runs under
mod_perl for performance.

>   MediaWiki seems like a better fit but I am new ( < month ) to all
> this Wiki stuff so I am searching for a more experienced opinion.  I
> have googled around but it was more miss than hit.  Google is great
> don't get me wrong - best search engine there is - however I am
> clueless on the search critia to use.

Twiki has a lot of add-on modules for special functions.  Is
there anything in particular that you think it is missing?

--
  Les Mikesell
    les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx