Re: how to let non-root user start dial up?

Michael A. Peters wrote:

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 12:51 -0700, Charles Li wrote:

I would like to setup a non-root account to use the
dialup. I have it setup in the Network configuration
console to activate the dialup, but it needs the root
password. Can you let the non-root account sudo the
Network configuration console? If yes, what is the
command to do this?

I don't have dialup, but I suspect it is the same as for other interfaces. Go into the System Settings --> Network Configuration menu

Choose the ppp0 device (so it's highlighted)
Click the Edit button

Check the box that says "Allow All Users to Enable and Disable This
Device"

Save and exit.

Now, any user logged in at the console can start it by going to

System Tools --> Network Device Control

On my system, I added that to the gnome panel to make it even easier.

This could be similarly achieved by adding the line USERCTL="yes" in the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0

--
*Trevor "TeC" Christian*
Cell #: (767) 225 4472