Re: allow SFTP FTP but not SSH. Can ??

Matthew Miller wrote:

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 10:44:15PM -0400, Trevor TeC Christian wrote:

I was just reading through the thread, and got a somewhat crazy idea. What if you give the ssh, sftp and ftp access, and just edit the users shell login script so that it logs them off before the complete logon? Crazy huh? Crazy enough to work....hahahha
What do u guys think?

I think: ctrl-c.

I disagree. Have you tried it? Can you really Ctrl+C out of ur bash settings?

I tried it and it works for me. In addition you get more logging of users who attempt to login - cause technically they succeed.

# .bashrc
logout
# User specific aliases and functions

# Source global definitions
if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
       . /etc/bashrc
fi

Or an alternative, is it possible to make a shell sooo "restricted" that you don't get prompt? maybe another crazy idea...

--
*Trevor "TeC" Christian*
Cell #: (767) 225 4472