Re: BTTV/BT878 Woes - The wicked Dragon rears it's Head again

On 5/6/05, kwhiskers <kwhiskers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 5/6/05, kwhiskers < kwhiskers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for the info. I will check when I get home.

I am wondering about v4l2: is it in the kernel, like v4l, or how do I implement it? I am definitely using v4l, not 2. I have put an entry into the xorg.conf to load the v4l module. Is this how I would load v4l2? Anything else I need to do?

Is v4l2 preferred? I see very little mention of it and it appears, looking at the bytesex site, to be somewhat a deviant or dead development line, or am I mistaken?

kwhiskers

On 5/6/05, Mostafa Z. Afgani < mostafa.afgani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
kwhiskers wrote:

> Any ideas?

I have a TV Tuner card that runs using the BTTV module and TVTime works.
My lsmod looks like:

$ /sbin/lsmod | grep bttv
bttv                  158353  1 bt878
video_buf              23621  1 bttv
i2c_algo_bit            9033  1 bttv
v4l2_common             5825  1 bttv
btcx_risc               4937  1 bttv
tveeprom               13017  1 bttv
videodev                9665  1 bttv
i2c_core               21953  5 tuner,bttv,i2c_algo_bit,tveeprom,i2c_viapro

My modprobe.conf is:

alias char-major-81 bttv

Output from lspci:

00:09.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video
Capture (rev 11)
00:09.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture
(rev 11)

dmesg:

Linux video capture interface: v1.00
bttv: driver version 0.9.15 loaded
bttv: using 8 buffers with 2080k (520 pages) each for capture
bttv: Bt8xx card found (0).
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:00:09.0[A] -> GSI 11 (level, low) -> IRQ 11
bttv0: Bt878 (rev 17) at 0000:00:09.0, irq: 11, latency: 64, mmio:
0xdfe00000
bttv0: detected: Leadtek WinFast TV 2000 [card=34], PCI subsystem ID is
107d:6606
bttv0: using: Leadtek WinFast 2000/ WinFast 2000 XP [card=34,autodetected]
bttv0: gpio: en=00000000, out=00000000 in=00bff706 [init]
bttv0: using tuner=5
bttv0: i2c: checking for MSP34xx @ 0x80... not found
bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA9875 @ 0xb0... not found
bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA7432 @ 0x8a... not found
bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA9887 @ 0x86... not found
tuner: chip found at addr 0xc2 i2c-bus bt878 #0 [sw]
tuner: type set to 5 (Philips PAL_BG (FI1216 and compatibles)) by bt878
#0 [sw]
bttv0: registered device video0
bttv0: registered device vbi0
bttv0: registered device radio0
bttv0: PLL: 28636363 => 35468950 .. ok
bttv0: add subdevice "remote0"
bt878: AUDIO driver version 0.0.0 loaded
bt878: Bt878 AUDIO function found (0).
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:00:09.1[A] -> GSI 11 (level, low) -> IRQ 11
bt878(0): Bt878 (rev 17) at 00: 09.1, irq: 11, latency: 64, memory:
0xdff00000

With this configuration, it works "out of the box".

Sorry I can't be of more help but hope it gives you some clues ..

Best,
-M