Re: how to let non-root user start dial up?

Charles Li wrote:

I would like to setup a non-root account to use the
dialup. I have it setup in the Network configuration
console to activate the dialup, but it needs the root
password. Can you let the non-root account sudo the
Network configuration console? If yes, what is the
command to do this?

Hmmm. Not entirely sure about dialup, but for other types of networking, you can enable non-root control via

Allow all users to enable and disable the device

in the device config dialog (available via Edit on the Devices page in Network Configuration.) Any user can the enable or disable the device via System Tools->Network Device Control. Note: This is not the same thing as the Network configurator; command is system-control-network, the other is system-config-network.