Re: mysql 4.0

> MySQL-server-4.1.11-0
> MySQL-shared-4.1.11-0
> MySQL-client-4.1.11-0
> MySQL-bench-4.1.11-0
> MySQL-devel-4.1.11-0
> MySQL-shared-compat-4.1.11-0
>
> I made this same upgrade just last week.
> 1) Download the rpms above
> 2) Stop the mysql server
> 3) `rpm -Uvh MySQL-*` in the directory where you downloaded the rpms
> too, as root
> 4) `mysql_fix_privilege_tables` as root
> 5) Start mysql service

I did downloaded all the rpms and install them on my pc.ran the script
mysql_fix-privilege_tables and restarted the mysql service

Now the problem I am facing is that i am trying to access mysql
through phpmyadmin 2.6.2.I am getting the first page and when I give
the username as root and password for the root.

I get the error "#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local
MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)".

I search it on the net and there were some solutions for it.I created
one /etc/my.cnf and

[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

[mysql.server]
user=mysql
basedir=/var/lib

But still I am getting the same error.

I am able to login into the mysql> by giving this command. mysql -u root -p

But I am not able to run the phpmyadmin 2.6.2 as I need to configure
one software .

Thanks & Regards

Ankush