Gigabit Ethernet Woes

I'm trying to run gigabit ethernet on a few machines that I use for
mythtv? My gigabit switch is a DLink DGS-1005D. I have three via vt6122
gigabit cards. One is installed in Windows XP, one is installed in FC3,
and another is installed in an FC2 machine that I upgraded to FC3, since
FC3 recognizes these cards.

The problem is that the performance I get, at least from scp, is worse
than when I was connected at 100 meg. According to the link lights I am
connected at a 1000 on both machines. When I was using the the old
10/100 NICs in the machine I could scp large files at around 6.0M/s. Now
the best I've achieved is 4.5M/s.

Besides that, the machine I upgraded from FC2 to FC3 has locked up hard
2 or 3 times since. It's either the upgrade, the NIC, or a combination
of both causing that.

The machine upgraded to FC3 is running kernel 2.6.10-1.770_14.rhfc3.at.
The machine that was already installed with FC3 is running kernel
2.6.10-1.737_FC3.

Any recommendations on how to troubleshoot this?
Any known gigabit issues with FC3?
Anyone using these same cards?

I've posted to Via Arena's forum but have not received any replies yet.
Any help here is appreciated.

Thanks,
James