Re: updating a init.d script

bruce wrote:
alex...

i simply replied to only you, as i didn't think it was needed to post some
of this crap to the rest of the list...

replying solely to the poster is bad because there is no record for others, because one's reply may contain errors or omissions that others can correct and because others cannot reply to one's supplementary quesions.

I didn't have much of a feeling about top posting (or bottom posting) until a week or so ago and I posed a list of questions to mt mobo supplier.

The reply was top-posted, answered (poorly) one point and ignored the rest.

Had the vendor's employee interleaved his reply, he would have been reminded to respond to each point and I'd not be looking to buy elsewhere.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait