Re: Ext3-FS error in FC2 and 3

Hi,

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 15:53, John Trump wrote:

> I have two dell 2650's, 3 disk raid 5. Both servers on a frequent
> basis gives the following error, only method to get the server back is
> to power cycle it. Any suggestions as to what the cause of the error
> is:
> Ext3-FS error (device:sda2) in start_transaction journal has stopped
> According to the raid card the raid5 volume is optimal.

That means that there was some IO error sufficiently serious that the
filesystem took the journal offline, and turned the filesystem readonly,
to avoid further damage.

When that happens, the kernel will log a message telling you why it
happened.  It's that initial error that we need to see in order to know
why this is happening.

Cheers,
 Stephen