Re: no dsl in fc3

gary wrote:

>Howdy - Would appreciate help with the following:
>Just got dsl - had no problems configuring and getting
>it running on fc1. On another hard drive in the same box I've got fc3.
>With the same configuration (on fc3) I fail to get an Internet
>connection and in the process the machine locks up.
>
>Jeremiah wrote
By "lock up" what do you mean? The whole operating system surely does
not stop.

>The fc3 is a fresh install, only disc 1.
>
>I know I need to update - If I knew which packages
>cause the lockup, I'd replace them and finish updating with dsl.
Jeremiah wrote>
>Do you have a static IP address with your DSL service? Or are you using
DHCP (dynamic allocation of IP addresses)? Are you using a router? If
not how is the second computer sharing the IP address?

By lockup I mean the screen and mouse freeze-alt backspace does not work
- only the reset.
pppoe not static - one computer - fc1 @ fc3