Re: Kernel upgrade possible?

Anand Buddhdev wrote:

Coert W wrote:

I use Fedora Core 3 with the SMP kernel it came with.
Is it wise to upgrade?

I too am thinking of upgrading. I am using Fedora Core 1. I use over the network, running X on my local machine and then logging in with ssh -X. I use the tools like gimp and sodipodi which need later versions of certain libraries to be upgraded. What is the best approach for me? I have downloaded the FC 3 cds but since I cannot access the installation GUI (can't login over the network at boot time,) what approach shoud use?

Should I just upgrade the kernel and use apt-get to update various libraries needed or does one need to re-install the entire operating system from scratch?

Thanks very much,

Jeremiah