Re: dual boot problems

hanfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,
I bought a new compaq computer with win xp partitioned the
drive installed fedora with grub to load. I had everything
working then I booted windows it goes into pc recovery and
overwrites the boot section so it only will boot windows.
Is there a way to get this to work? If not is there a way to make a boot cd to access the linux partition.
Thanks
Linda

If your winxp works ok and you have Partition Magic. You can try to resize your winxp to 10GB (??), and move it backward to free about 100MB in the first section of your disk, as boot sector. Then you can re-install Fedora Core on the rest of your disk, following the installation instruction.

Regarding the disk partition, you may want two partitions for windows, one for operation system and applications(NTFS) and one for your data in FAT32 which can be mounted to linux.

Good luck.

Yuandan