Re: Package kdebase needs samba-common = 3.0.11

On 5/3/05, Steven J. Brown <sbrown3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When I run 'yum update', after several minutes of attempting to resolve
> dependencies, yum gives me the following error message:
>
>     Package kdebase needs samba-common = 3.0.11, this is not available.
>
> No updates take place.  'rpm -qi samba-common' reported that I have
> version 3.0.11.  I then ran 'yum update samba-common' and now I have
> version 3.0.14 and I still get the error message.
>
> I commented out the kde-redhat.org repository and re-ran 'yum update'
> and it ran fine, updating a handful of programs.  Then I uncommented the
> kde-redhat.org repository lines and ran yum again and got the same
> message.  Searching list archives and google turned up nothing.  I had
> the same problem on my notebook.
>
> Other information:
>
> kernel: 2.6.10-1.771_FC2 (yes, FC2)
> KDE: 3.4.0
>
> Can I do something to fix this?

I checked http://apt.kde-redhat.org and found the following rpms:
http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/2/stable/RPMS/samba-common-3.0.11-0.2.2.kde.i386.rpm
http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/2/stable/RPMS/samba-common-3.0.14-0.2.a.2.kde.i386.rpm

Try uninstalling samba-common, then run yum again with kde-redhat.repo
enabled. (If you are using a different baseurl for kde-redhat you
might try changing to this one.)