Re: Searching this mailing list

Rick Stevens wrote:

> Timothy Murphy wrote:
>
>> What is the simplest way to search the fedora-list mailing list?
>> (I read it as the gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general newsgroup.)
>

> Try http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/

I asked a similar question and this response would not suffice.  When
using the advanced search too many hits were recorded in a seemingly
random date order most of which did not even pertain to the items sought.

For example I tried using quotes to at least limit my searches to FC 3
using "Fedora Core 3" or even backing off to "Core 3", nonetheless the
first items listed were Fedora Core 1 items.  The AND logic seemed to
partially work, but I had to bother people on the mail list to have my
question answered.

In my case, when I find what I need on a search, it is more likely to
stick than relying too heavily on others to do my work.

Not meant to be nasty, more of an observation - since I have seen many
referred to the archives when asking questions previously covered.