Re: System hangs when using USB camera drive

Dan Anderson wrote:
On 5/2/05, Chris Jones <jonesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a USB drive camera that mounts like any other USB disk drive. I'm using
FC3 kept up to date with the latest updates (kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3 etc.). I
have just tried to transfer some pictures from the USB drive, and 0n 3
occasions the machine hung completely whilst the drive was plugged in. On 2
occasions during the transfer, but once whilst it was simply plugged in and I
was doing something else. The camera if it matters, is an olympus c60z.

I've seen this on 2 different laptops with various USB storage devices
(an 80GB Ion drive and a few SD/CF readers and even my PSP). Sometimes
it's right after you umount the volume, other times it's up to a few
hours later. I've been booting into the 2.6.10-1.770_FC3 kernel. I
haven't seen the issue come back yet.

I suspect last time I tried this was with a 2.6.10 or earlier kernel, not the current 2.6.11

I still have the older kernel so next time I need to do this, I'll use that kernel and see what happens.

cheers Chris