Re: Re Re Hp Deskjet 825C and FC3.

david walcroft wrote:
Robin Laing wrote:

Olle & Susan wrote:

Yes, printing does work properly from other apps. (CD-covers are a little too small, but...)
I did find a workaround, I lie and call my printer an HP Desk jet 840C. Then the printer
works fine, must reduce the ink volume a little for perfect pictures.

Gimp has a seperate setting for printing. If you check the setup under printing, you will find that there are some added control codes to the print command. I found that I had to change these settings according to the instructions on http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/ for the hpijs driver.

It is documented someplace on what needs to be changed.

Robin,
I've been searching for the hplip/gimp printing setup but haven't had any luck,do you remember where you saw it at hpinkjet.

      david

It was night, it was late, I was under pressure to get stuff printed for my daughters science fair project after taking my Epson on a one-way trip to the floor (A long story).

I do not remember where I saw it in a read me file or if I searched via google and came across it. I followed the installation in the hpijs driver on the initial setup.

You may get information from here.

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Documentation.php3

I would have to check the settings but there was a change to the characters in the gimp print settings. As the printer is at home, I would have to check that machine for it's settings.

I do know that I took my time setting up the printer and read all the documentation, (I know that this isn't real geek procedure) but I couldn't take the time to do it again.

I will look at home tonight.

--
Robin Laing