Re: Yum updates and release notes

Mike McGrath wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Paul Howarth
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 8:47 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: Yum updates and release notes

Mike McGrath wrote:

I'm looking for an easy way to find where (website) or how (command
line) to view the release notes associated with updates

done via Yum.

Anyone know any?

You mean something like this?:

$ rpm -q --changelog packagename

Paul.

That will work, is there any way with yum to find out before one actually does the update? I suppose I could run it with download only and run a changelog on the package before I install it.

That's probably the most reliable way.