Re: Installing FC 3

Hi,

I've been trying to install FC 3 (64 bit) and I keep having problems with
the
install disks. I verified the checksums once I downloaded the iso images,
and
burned the iso images using nero. I can get the installer to boot fine, but
when I test the disks with the installer they always fail. If I try to
continue
with the installation it imediately crashes. I have done this successfully
before to install Redhat 9.0, I think in the same way. Any suggestions?

There is a known bug that on some machines the verify will always fail, except for the install disk.  I don't have a link handy, but I experienced the same thing, and the install went OK, one error at first, but I quickly resolved it.

But you are having problems.  Hmmm... what is the error you get?  I got an error about the X server stopping unexpectedly, and I finally figured out that it was because I moved the mouse around when it was starting.  If I didn't let the mouse move until everything was up, it went as smooth as can be.  I have NO IDEA why.  (I'll look into a bug report!)

Tell me if the same happens for you, and we can see whether or not this is just something weird with my laptop.

--
The Disguised Jedi
disguised.jedi@xxxxxxxxx

Now you have my $0.02.  Or .01 Pounds, .014 Euros, or $0.025 CAN.  I'm world-wide BABY!
PHP rocks!
"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Go to school, become evil"

Disclaimer: Any disclaimer attached to this message may be ignored.  However, I must say that the ENTIRE contents of this message are subject to other's criticism, corrections, and speculations.

This message is Certified Virus Free