Re: Madwifi & Initialize on Boot

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 11:35 -0600, The Disguised Jedi wrote:
> I have successfully compiled the madwifi drivers and installed all the
> modules.  I can modprobe and load the modules, and I got the card
> configured right with Kuduzu, and that all works just FINE AND DANDY!
> However, Fedora won't connect to the network properly on boot.  I run
> "/sbin/iwconfig ath0" and I see that everything is configured
> according to the settings in the system-config-network program, but
> the encryption key is set to "none".  I do "/sbin/iwconfig ath0 key
> ****-*****-****-****-****-****-**" and then bring the connection up
> with the "Activate" button in "system-config-network" and it connects
> in just a few seconds.

Why not enter the key into system-config-network??  When you edit the
hardware device "ath0" in there, just go to the Wireless Settings tab
and enter the key....  Save the settings and it should have them when
you next boot.  I am running the ath0 drivers without problems with
multiple profiles and everything depending on where I connect....

> Is there something I need to change in order to make it apply all the
> settings BEFORE trying to bring the adapter up?  Is this just a little
> bug in madwifi that has a workaround?  What am I missing here?
>
> I've already asked a question here once and got very great responses!
> Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this!
>
> Thanks in advance for responses!

HTH,

--Rob