Re: Checkservice

On Monday 02 May 2005 03:24 am, John Dean wrote:
> Anyone using checkservice, or something similar? I'm trying to setup
> checkservice with actions so services are restarted if they stop
> reponding, can't seem to get it to work.
You could set up a cron using telinit (possibly telinit -q).

Respawn is available for inittab, but I don't know of the possibility of
applying it to anything else but gettys, but from the 'man' file it looks
possible. This, though, must be done within inittab  (the init config file).

--
John H Ludwig

Common sense is so rare, why do they call it common!!!

Manual customization of this file is not recommended,
BUT WILL BE DONE!!!