RE: what 'user' are acpi scripts run as? Forcing DCOP to look atcurrent user?

Dave Mitchell wrote:

>On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 09:38:19PM -0500, Birt, Jeffrey wrote:
>>   system "su -c '/etc/acpi/actions/perl_dcop.pl false' birtj";
>
>I presume you meant
>
>    system "su birtj -c '/etc/acpi/actions/perl_dcop.pl false'";

Thanks Dave,  You are of course correct.  I have found that when using
dcop from a console window with su -c it has to be like this.

su -c 'dcop kdesktop KScreensaverIface enable false' birtj

Still, either method works if the acpi script is called from a root
console window but not when the acpi script is called from the 'system'.

The 'system' is out to get me man! ;'>

Jeff Birt
Electronics Engineer
Integrated Systems Facility