Re: Yum Extender

Temlakos wrote:

> Nevertheless, I heartily recommend yumex, for a whole host of reasons.
> It gives me everything I wanted in a GUI front-end, while allowing me to
> see what it's doing (through its Output window), just as I can see right
> now on the command line.
>
> A very valuable customization and administration tool--and one I would
> like to see made part of Fedora Core, or Fedora Extras at least.

Sorry to be negative, but I installed and tried yumex,
and found it more or less useless.
Or maybe I lack the necessary intelligence to use it.

When I click on Update I'm prompted to fill in something for "Filter",
whatever that means.
When I click "Select all" at the bottom of the page
and then click the second "Update" item (why two?)
I'm told "No packages selected".

I think that quite a lot of work needs to be done on this
before it is accepted as a standard part of Fedora.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366