Strange name resolution

FC2 Up to date.

I run a master and slave DNS service for an intranet (.mynet) and 8 FQDN internet. I can not seem to figure out what is happening a thought I would throw it to our list. Here are the facts: On my intranet domain I have systems named as cities like newyork.mynet. My DNS resolves these fine. I also have CNAMEs like svn.mynet in my say newyork.mynet A set. When ever I move one of my CNAMEs in my primary intranet zone. Say svn.mynet now points to windycity.mynet. I basically do a rndc flush & reload on the master and a rndc flush, reload, and refresh mynet on the slave. If I check it with dig svn.mynet @dns1.mynet and dig svn.mynet @dns2.mynet the resolution is as I would expect: pointing to windycity.mynet. However, if I do a ping from all my systems every system pings windycity.mynet except dns1.mynet (the master DNS).

Here is what I have tried: I have checked the hosts file and I'm not running any other name resolution. I have stopped and started both master and slave DNSs. And I've ever rebooted these systems. No matter what I do it keeps point the svn.mynet to newyork.mynet on dns1.mynet and this is driving me crazy. So I must not fully understand something.

I had given up on it and inserted a svn1.mynet SVNROOT variable in all systems .bash.profile and added it as a CNAME of windycity.mynet in my DNS zone. Everything works now except...

I pinged the svn.mynet on dns1.mynet and now the darn thing has resolved to windycity.mynet. Argggg! This is exactly one week after I made the change.

Anyone have any idea what is happening? It sure appears to be a cache issue but I'm not sure what are how to clear it. Note also this has happened before so it is not isolated. TIA