Re: SB Audigy not detected (david walcroft)

Robert Crowther wrote:

I have just purchased an Audigy 2 soundcard (this one:
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?product_uid=82109).
 I have an Asus A7V333 motherboard which has onboard sound, but there
is no way to disable the onboard sound in the BIOS (all the
information I could find indicated that the onboard sound would be
turned off automatically if there was a soundcard plugged in, but this
doesn't seem to be the case).

There is a jumper on the motherboard that disables the onboard sound. See your motherboard manual, page 28. If you do not have it download it from the ASUS site. It is called (Audio_En) the jumper needs to be put on pins 2 and 3 to diable the sound. It is on the lower edge of the board.
Roger