Re: Connecting to a Win Computer with Samba

Ankush Grover wrote:

I read the Fedora 3 FAQ about disabling the firewall to get Samba to work -

so did that and can now see the other computer in my home network. However,
I can't connect to it. When I click on the icon for that computer, I get the
message that "The folder contents could not be displayed. You do not have
the permissions necessary to view the contents of "Windows Network: kati".

I am too having this problem my network consists of Windows XP.I can see the linux shares from Windows but not the windows share from the Linux.

Any help would be appreciate.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush

There is a work-around for Windows XP and 2000. It has to do with their use of encrypted passwords. I believe it is on the Samba website. As far as seeing windows shares from Linux, I beleive you need to add some aditioanl networking protocols to your Linux box.

Fred Thorsby
Jag Computers