Re: Sendmail not sending WAS email app i can use

On 4/25/05, replies-lists-redhat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<replies-lists-redhat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> you need to do some (simple) debugging to see what's going on.
>
> first, print out the variables that you're submitting to the mail()
> function to make certain that they are there, and valid. second,
> check the sendmail man page to find the commands necessary to check
> both "regular" mail queue and the submit queue to see if the messages
> are sitting there. third, look in your mail log to see if/what
> messages it may be giving if/when it gets a message from php.
>
> a properly formed php mail() function will submit the message to your
> MTA, which will process the message for delivery. you need to try to
> figure out where things are going wrong among these pieces.

First thats for the reply
i redid the script a bit but same result
from this line

mail($youremail, $subject, $message, $headers) or die('Email Not Sent!');

only  $youremail   is getting printed to the screen
So, 1 out of 4 isn't bad LOL
If i use this line
mail($youremail . $subject . $message . $headers) or print ($youremail
. $subject . $comments . $headers);
it prints all info to the page

second,
> check your web server error log for any insights.
Nothing found in var/log/

third,
> turn on (at a high level) php debugging.
bluefish is what i have

fourth, check the sendmail man page to
> find the commands necessary to check both "regular" mail queue and
> the submit queue to see if the messages are sitting there.

Sendmail
Niothing is in the mail queue
[root@jimsdesktop ~]# sendmail -bp
/var/spool/mqueue is empty
                Total requests: 0

How can i check to see if sendmail is configured properly?
I can  send a message from webmin using  me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to anyone

 fifth,
> look in your mail log to see if/what messages it may be giving
> if/when it gets a message from php.
Nothing in /var/mail/

--

Jim Lawrence