Re: OT: database advice

On Apr 24, 2005, at 23:08, Duncan Lithgow wrote:

I understand about what sql is and isn't.

Okay, so different db's store data differently, fair enough, how can i
save a copy of the db contents though, and in what format should I do
that.

I believe it can be done with a csv list, but that sounds a bit foolish
to me. There must be a better way.

Perhaps your best bet would be to export your data as a series of standard SQL 92 command logs. This would preserve both your data as well as their structure and relationships. You could then replay the logs against any database to rebuild your data.

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay
http://alt.textdrive.com/