Re: yum -update

bruce wrote:

> i did an 'rpm -V -a" and saw that a lot of rpms/apps have problems.. if i
> do a 'yum update', will yum essentially take care of all the underlying
> rpm packages?

I'm no yum expert, but I would have thought "yum update"
would just look at the packages listed in /var/log/rpmpkgs ,
but would not check if these packages were actually present.
So I don't see that this would help you in your predicament.
But I'd be glad to be contradicted.

If I had been in your position,
I would have tried upgrading to Fedora-3.
I imagine virtually all the packages would have been updated.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366