Is it posssible to turn of local X-server/video output when using vnc :0?

Hello all,

I'm using MetaVNC to share my laptops :0 console to my desktop.  This
works great but the laptops local display is on the whole time too.  I
realize and could use VNC with another console, like :1 to, which would
let the laptops display go to sleep via the ACPI settings.  I just got
suspend to ram working and I would like to be able to plug my sleeping
laptop into the docking station, wake it up, connect via MetaVNC and
continue where I left off.  Ideally the laptops own display need not be
on at the same time.

Thanks,

Jeff Birt
Electronics Engineer