SMTP mail server authentication

hey friends,

 I have configure one mail server in my company
Postfix+Dovecot+fetchmail+Squirrelmail.

I am authentication my Mail Server with the ISP mail server so that
the mails for our domain are not treated as spam.

I have given this kind of configuration in the postfix main.cf file

smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes

the file sasl_passwd contains entry lik ethis

smtp.mailserver.com           username:password

How can i check whether this is working fine or not.

I did sent one test mail to gmail account but there was nothing
mention about the ISP mail server.One of the web based mail server
indiatimes.com is rejecting my mails .If I try to send the mails to
indiatimes.com it is rejecting mymails saying

to=<ankush174@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
relay=smtp.indiatimes.com[203.199.93.5], delay=2131, status=deferred
(host smtp.indiatimes.com[203.199.93.5] refused to talk to me: 554
ipc601.indiatimes.com)

Please tell me how to check whether the authentication with the ISP
mail server is working properly.

The user in the sasl_passwd database is the catchall mailbox.I have
done this also
postmap /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd

it created sasl_passwd.db in the /etc/postfix directory.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush