anaconda doesn't detect old system

Hi Folks,

I'm having a weird problem:

I have a server running FC2 that I'd like to upgrade to FC3.  I can't
take the FC2 system out of service until I'm ready to do the upgrade,
and I want to make sure it goes well, so I grabbed some older hardware
and did a restore of the box's filesystem to the test machine.  I
planned to upgrade the test machine as a sort of "dress rehearsal" for
the real thing (I'm also training someone else and wanted them to have
the experience...)

The test machine boots fine and for all intents and purposes it's a
complete clone of the original box.  The problem comes when I boot FC3
and try to do the upgrade: Anaconda never gives me the option to do an
upgrade, it just goes right to the Disk Druid portion of the install.

So my question is this: what does Anaconda look at to detect old
installations and how can I replicate whatever that is precicely
enough on the test box that I'll get the option to upgrade?

Upgrading without Anaconda isn't really an option for this case, as
it's certainly not recommended by Redhat.

--
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs@xxxxxxxxxx
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves@xxxxxxxxx