Re: Drive limit for FC3 ???

Am Mo, den 18.04.2005 schrieb Shawn Burgwald um 20:52:

> Is there a limit to the number of drives you can use
> while dual-booting FC3 and WinXP?  I have 3 Serial ATA
> drives which are all recognized in the setup process
> -- however, when I reboot, all I get is the "GRUB
> disconnect one of the slave drives, GRUB loads fine.
> I've tried swapping the drives around, installing to
> different drives/partitions, etc. but to no avail.

No, there is no limit. Nor is there still the master / slave concept
with SATA which is known from PATA.

Boot with CD1 into rescue mode and inspect /boot/grub/device.map. grub
searches for stage2 on the wrong disc. You will have to correct the grub
installation, best from grub shell. How to install grub from there
correctly has been explained here on the list (-> archive).

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 20:57:24 up 6 days, 17:37, load average: 0.23, 0.23, 0.22